Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Project Self Love Week 4

Four weeks! I will hit my month mark this Friday! I have never stuck to something like this for this long before, let alone have been so successful. I am so impressed with what I'm capable of, I never knew that my life could contain this much happiness. It kind of makes me nervous haha.





I have made two new food discoveries this week. 
  • The Yasso Yogurt Bars are THE BOMB. We have tried both the Sea Salt Caramel and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. We love the one pictured which is the Sea Salt Caramel, but the Cookie Dough is also delicious. And it's only 100 calories per bar! 
  • The second picture are Caesar Snapea Crisps and they are so delicious. I have tried also the lightly salted ones, but in my opinion they're not as good.  You can have 22 of these bad boys for 120 calories. It's a good chip replacement.
  • The third picture are Quest Protein Chips which are also awesome. They kind of have more of a baked texture than actual potato chips, but I love the Salt & Vinegar. They are only 120 calories per bag with 21g of protein. Also a great chip replacement.


I also had my very first cheat meal of this process and it was 100% worth it, because I know I worked hard for it and it tasted amazing. It gave me more of a push to eat healthy because I was reminded how sick I used to feel all the time. We went to Mama Chus in Orem on our way to a family reunion in Heber. I got my usual Beef enchilada with beans and rice and did not disappoint.





Thursday thru Saturday we went to my annual Crook Family Reunion. We camped in the mountains east of Heber. It was such a relaxing couple of days. We spent our time laughing, pretending other people's dogs were ours, going on walks, playing horse shoes and hugging some of our most favorite people. I did happen to get a gnarly sunburn on my chest and I froze both nights we were there, but it was worth it.


One of my favorite people in the whole world was in town the last two weeks. She is my dad's sister, but I wouldn't call her my aunt. She was the older sister I never had. She's only 10 years older than me and we've been best buds since I was born. Two years ago she moved herself and her family to Carlsbad California and I miss her all the time. I love the time that I get to spend with her and I am so grateful for her place in my life. I don't know where I would be without her.


We've been spending a lot of time out on our patio. We took a trip to Barnes & Noble and each purchased books. I got Demonologist written by Gerald Brittle about Paranormal Investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. Yes, I have a dark soul and love dark and scary things. I have been so interested in their career for about the last five years so this is like candy for me. Yes, I believe in ghosts. Yes, I believe in demons. Yes, I have lived in a haunted house.


For the month of June I set myself a goal of losing 19 pounds from my highest ever weight. I thought it was a long shot. This morning I about cried when I saw that number I've been working so hard for on the scale. These two pictures are two months apart with only one month of hard work. The picture on the left was in Disneyland and I don't even look that happy. I hated the way I looked and took about 5 pictures to get one that looked semi good. The picture on the right was taken during a workout, with no makeup, and pealing like crazy from a sunburn. I'm not even smiling, but I look way happier. I know that I feel way better too. <insert fist emoji here> 19 pounds down!

You can follow me on snapchat @misshaileyyyp
 on instagram @mrshaileyp
and on MyFitnessPal @haileyp421




No comments:

Post a Comment