Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Project Self Love Week 5

Hello! Week five friends! If there are any of you still out there.. Even if there aren't, I love keeping track of my journey and progress. This week was a week full of milestones for me, so it was one of the more positive weeks!


This last week I reached a milestone of 20 pounds. In my house we call that two Alice's. (Alice is my cat that weighs about 10 pounds..) I feel so much better and I can do so much more than I could a month ago. I haven't been this healthy since I was 17. That was five years ago. I was eating really healthy and taking an aerobics class that I really benefited from. That was in 2011. It wasn't until the start of 2012 that things declined mentally that my health took a turn for the worst. When I say healthy, I don't mean skinny. I mean I haven't felt this good since then. I still have about 78 pounds to lose to hit my minimum weight loss goal, but so far so good.


Last Wednesday, we celebrated the 23rd birthday of McClain's sister Paige who left this earth too early. My awesome mother in law is so good at decorating and making things super cute. Paige was obsessed with everything Pink and this was the table set up. I was lucky enough to meet Paige twice before she passed and I feel like I missed out on a piece of life by not fully getting to know her.




Saturday night, we spent the night with our dear friends the Rogers. Kathi was a second mom to me when I was going through a rough time and I will forever be grateful to her for that. We went to their house for dinner and fireworks. I also had my weekly cheat, which was I chose to be a Swig cookie and it was so amazingly worth it. 


I have discovered a new favorite healthy treat recipe. Homemade frozen yogurt! It's super easy, and super yummy. I even got approval from my husband and my sisters. All you need is frozen fruit of your choice, (I had strawberries so that's what I used) plain yogurt, honey and a lemon. You can find the recipe here


This is my newest favorite find! It is seriously a god-send! I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate peanut butter shakes. Especially if I can make them as healthy as possible. I will indulge every once in a while by adding peanut butter to a chocolate SlimFast shake, but peanut butter has so many calories and saturated fat that it's almost not worth it. This stuff rocks. You can add water and make a peanut butter, or you can add the powder to your shakes. It tastes exactly like the real thing and is only 50 calories for 2 Tbs. I am seriously obsessed with this stuff. I bought it at a local grocery store, but I have seen  it at Costco and on Amazon.


Mac and I spent our holiday weekend split between both of our families. My cute little sisters slept over on Sunday night. The night was full of treats and the Lizzie McGuire movie. Which they have never seen before and have now been educated on. We spent the morning watching chopped and coloring. In the afternoon McClain and I went to a pool party with his family. It was so nice visiting and just soaking up the sun by the pool and not feeling like I was spilling out of my swim suit. I felt so confident. That night we went to my parents for a BBQ and to watch fireworks across the entire Utah valley. It was such a good day.

I hope to pick up my blogging sometime soon. We are having issues with our internet so I have limited time when I can blog. But once we get that all figured out I'm hoping to post more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment