Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Project Self Love Week 1

Hello, I'm excited to start blogging my journey. Week one is down and I feel amazing. Here are some things that I did this week:


My husband and I each purchased fitbits. This has been one of the biggest motivations. I have friends and family who own fitbits and doing daily challenges keeps me motivated to keep going. I am a very competitive person so this has been great. I also love seeing my daily and weekly progress.


I have been eating a lot healthier and cleaner food. My body feels so awesome, I have never felt better. And the cravings for sugar and greasy food have almost disappeared. Here are some of my favorite things. 
  1. These overnight oats have become my favorite breakfast. So much protein, calcium, fiber and iron. I got the recipe here. (I love this blog, she's awesome.)
  2. My husband made this delicious lime cilantro tilapia with baked tomatoes. 
  3. Most of my lunches consist of three egg whites with reduced sugar ketchup and chocolate SlimFast with almond milk. Only 188 calories and super filling. 



I went out of my comfort zone and laid out by the pool at my apartment complex with one of my best friends Hayley. I was outside most of the day. My body soaked up the vitamin D, a little bit of a tan, and I didn't care what I looked like in a swim suit. This was probably my favorite day.


On Monday (June 6th) my husband and I took our yearly trip to Denny's. On June 6th 2013 I was about to make the stupidest decision to end my life. A good friend of mine stopped me from ending my life by calling the police to come to my home and make sure that I wouldn't do anything stupid. That friend than took me to Denny's at 3 in the morning and made me remember that I am worth something and I am loved. That friend is now my sweet husband. I am so grateful to him for stopping me that night, so that I get to live and build a life with him.


I have been going to the Gym almost every day after work and doing the treadmill, elliptical and bike. I AM LOVING IT. It feels so good to go and work out all of my stress and feel like I'm taking care of my Body. My body is also thanking me for this, I feel so much better and I have a lot more energy.


This is the last thing I've been really working on. Trying to rewire my brain that I am worth being healthy and loving my own body. It is not easy, but I know it's going to be worth it. One week down.



No comments:

Post a Comment