Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Project Self Love Week 2

We're two weeks in, and halfway through the first month! This is honestly the longest I've ever stuck to a healthy lifestyle change. This is also the hardest I've worked towards this goal.


We have been trying new recipes! I have been trying to stay between 1000-1200 calories a day. We have discovered this delicious 
Lemon Rosemary Chicken recipe with sweet potatoes and it is delish... We've had it three times in the last two weeks. 

 

I have been loving my fitbit. It is keeping me so motivated, especially having competitions with family and friends. I love knowing that we are staying connected by our fitness and exercise. Something as simple as step counting makes my whole day. 


My first progress photo, two weeks in and a 10 pound difference. I feel incredible and looking at this reminds me that the little progress makes a big difference. It's so worth "missing out" on "good" food to be able to walk up a few flights of stairs and not be winded.


My pants are getting too big, I have resorted to just wearing work out clothes until my smaller clothes will start to fit again. It's nice to look in the mirror and see that my clothes fit better. My confidence has sky rocketed, and I don't want it to stop.


It's really important to me to spend quality time with those I love. I find that the more time I spend with people, the more fulfilled my life feels. This is a hilarious picture of my brother and and my dad squeezing onto my brothers small scooter. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. I love these people, they are my biggest supporters. I am so lucky.



These have been my motivation this week. Sunday night I was watching Parenthood with my husband the thought ran through my head "You could give up. Eat whatever you used to want to eat, lay on the couch and not do a single thing." It would be easy to just stop and go back to my old habits. And then I saw something that said "Being unhealthy is hard. Changing to a healthy lifestyle is hard. Pick your hard." I chose my hard, my hard is to be happy and healthy. I was/am the only thing keeping me from moving forward. God put these in front of my face for a reason. 14 days down.

No comments:

Post a Comment