Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Project Self Love Week 7


Every week when I type the post title I am surprised that the week number keeps growing. That it's not something like, "I've gotten off track, but hope I can get back on soon." or "Deciding to just embrace my curvy body." I am proud to say that I've made it almost two wholes months. I've started wearing clothes that I would have been uncomfortable in two months ago. Even though I'm not to my goal weight or what size I want to be at, I feel so much more comfortable in my skin and proud of what I have. I don't have a ton of fitness updates, but definitely an exciting week.


This week was a week of firsts! The most exciting is that I got my first tattoo that I've been waiting for years to get. It was so awesome and if you live in northern Utah, you need to hit up Cathedral Tattoo in Salt Lake. They accept walk-ins and are efficient and their designs are incredible. I love knowing that this is such a personal, unique piece. If you want to know more about my tattoo choice, check out my last post here.


We did our first 5k! I say did and not ran because 95% of it was walked. My calves were so sore and my allergies were terrible that running was too hard. But it was such a great experience.



Also quick update from this post. I tried the Quest Protein powder and was not disappointed, it is delicious and I will not use anything else. I also tried a different flavor of pre-workout and it is WAY better than the fruit punch flavor.


The husband and I took a stay-cation from work. Which is almost funny because we live across the street from our office building. But we had Friday-Monday off and just spent the weekend recharging. We watched a lot of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, had a lot of kitty snuggles and just chilled.




McClain took me to my first ever ReAL soccer game. I have NEVER been a soccer fan, I'ma baseball girl at heart. But my husband loves anything to do with New England so he insisted on going to their game against New England Revolution. Soccer fans are those of another species. I have never seen people so pumped for a game where no points were scored. It was awesome and would love to go again.

Monday night we spent three hours playing Monopoly that we had to forfeit because it was midnight and we had to be up at 8am. My family is really competitive. And my husband and dad like to go in for the slow painful kill while my mom and I just like to play nice. Needless to say it was a brutal game and the three of us remaining were McClain, Clara and myself. I love my family!

1 comment:

  1. Hailey, I decided to read your blog today and you seriously have motivated me to do better. I've been trying to lose my extra 30 for months with weight loss plans, pinterest diet ideas, everything I can think of, and have not had an ounce of success. I probably eat the healthiest and exercise the most now than I ever have, but don't see the progress. But by reading what you've done and the optimism you've had, you're a great inspiration, and what's great is that you make it so easy. Not paying the hundreds of dollars on diet plans that don't teach much, getting sad when you may not see the progress in a week. But you do what's right: be happy with what you do see, make and love the good (and healthy) foods, and not give up. I love it! When my husband and I get back from Arkansas in two weeks I'm going to do it like you. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete