Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Project Self Love Week 8

Hello everyone! I'm still taken aback by how many weeks it's been. It's been almost a full two months. Each month I have hit my goal plus some, which means that I've lost 30 pounds! That is insane to me! I still have four days left in the month so we'll see where that takes me!



These were progress pictures I took last week and felt so good about it I had to do a side by side. I catch myself walking by the mirror and think "Damn". I know I've worked really hard for it and I'm so much more physically capable than I was in that first picture. In that first picture I was eating 2,000-3,000 calories a day. I sat down all day and made excuses for not exercising. I had barely any clothes that fit and I was depressed and miserable. I would avoid the mirror and camera at all costs. If I were to take pictures, I would make sure it was from above and I was sticking my head out as far as possible to diminish my double chin. I look at that first picture and am so sad at what I see. I look at the second picture and see someone who was broken but has put herself back together (with the help of God) and is making positive changes in her life. I'm finding myself and learning how to care for my body. I've learned to listen to my body and to feel comfortable in my own skin. 

Earlier this week I was listening to I Hate Myselfie by Shane Dawson. He is a popular internet personality that lost 200 pounds. He was talking about how he worked at a weight loss center and would ask his clients what they would do if their car broke down. They would answer, I would get it fixed. He would then point out that they were willing to invest to fix their car, but wouldn't invest to fix their body. You need to take care of yourself as much as you take care of the other things in your life. You need to invest in yourself, because this body is your vessel. It is going to be with you throughout your entire life, why not treat it with respect?


This week I was able to start helping lead worship at my church. Worship was a big part of how I was saved back in 2013. Singing and Jesus are both things that I have been extremely passionate about my whole life. When I was introduced to worship I knew it was my calling. For the last two and half years I have been a part of my churches worship team. I am now honored to help lead which is something God has put on my heart for a long time. God knows the desires of your heart and he will put you where you belong.

Not too many updates this week, but a lot of thoughts and a lot of gratitude.






No comments:

Post a Comment