Thursday, August 4, 2016

Project Self Love: Second Month Review/ 9 weeks


Hello all. We are two months down! To date I've lost 34 pounds. I lost less in July then I did in June, but have started lifting weights and have noticed the toning of my legs, arms and back. There are few things I love more than sore muscle. Even though it's painful to walk sometimes, I know that hard work went into the pain and the shrinking fat.

This month there weren't very many changes, because I now have a routine that works for me. And because I'm an organized psycho having a routine is very important. Not only for my physical health but for my mental health as well. I'm really not good with change, so if things are constantly changing I tend to crash. Above is my Monday-Friday routine. If you don't care, which you probably don't, feel free to skip.


This month I have started lifting weights. I have definitely noticed changes in different ways than I have when I do just cardio. Not only am I just losing weight all around. but noticing differences in my upper arms, upper back, hips and thighs. 


This shot of the treadmill screen was taken yesterday on my break workout. And the mirror selfie is a post workout snap. I try and burn at least 500 calories total during my workouts. I thought that I would hate being sweaty and then have to go back to work for an hour. But it's such a good escape and break from my job. I got the idea from my good friend Amy, whom I sit next to at work, who is kick-ass at being healthy. When I do the treadmill, because I'm no good at running, I do incline speed walking and sometimes running. It works for me. If I'm not doing the treadmill, I'm usually on the upright bicycle which is really good at kicking my butt.


I've had several people reach out to me to ask me how I'm doing this and that my journey makes them want to take their own. All I can say is I owe it all to God. If he didn't show me how to love myself I wouldn't know that I deserved so much more than being unhealthy. I had to be willing to be patient, to see the weight fall off. I had to give myself a purpose for this Journey. I had to tell myself that this time I won't give up. That 2016 was my last unhealthy year. I had to believe in myself. It hasn't been easy, but it has been so worth it. I am so happy today that two months ago I decided to make a change, two months ago I had no idea that on August 4th I'd be 34 pounds lighter. My summer goal was to lose 39 pounds by September, and I am 5 pounds away from that goal! Once I hit that goal, I think I'll be brave enough to actually start posting my actual weight. 

Anyway, I am going to start posting recipes weekly because that is something that has been requested quite a lot. Thanks for supporting me and for motivating me to keep going! Till next week! 



1 comment: